All participants in Mythos Busters LLC’s (“Mythos Busters” or “Us / We“) 2023 Convention (“BusterCon”) held June 1-4, 2023 in Roseville, Minnesota, and other online platforms, are required to, and hereby do, assume all risk of participation in BusterCon by accepting this terms of service agreement (“Agreement“) and the assumption of risk and release of liability described below. BusterCon and any online platform events are collectively referred to as the Con.
By purchasing a BusterCon badge or online registration, or otherwise participating in the Con, you agree to be bound by this Agreement:
We try to make BusterCon broadly available to everyone but given the unprecedented global pandemic and other safety concerns, we must impose certain restrictions. Accordingly, you cannot participate in the Con if:
- You are prohibited from participating in the Con under applicable laws.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- You have, during the fourteen (14) days preceding Con, been diagnosed with, tested positive for, or experienced symptoms of a communicable illness, including COVID-19.
- You, at any time during the Con, experience symptoms of or test positive for a communicable illness, including COVID-19.
- You fail to provide adequate proof, should such proof be required, of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved or authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO).
- (1) BusterCon’s restrictions and requirements are subject to change: and (2) BusterCon will consider modifications to its mandatory vaccination policy on a case-by- case basis based on the most up-to-date information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Indiana and Marion County public health agencies.
We reserve the right to refuse to admit you to the Con or otherwise cancel your participation in the Con if:
- We have previously disabled your BusterCon account or revoked access to the Mythos Busters Discord server for violations of our Terms of Service or any other policies.
- Local or national laws or guidelines change with respect to COVID-19 or large public gatherings.
- You fail to provide adequate proof of vaccination should such proof be required.
- You fail to comply with mask or social distancing requirements.
- For any other reason.
- Every attendee of the BusterCon is required to wear a badge, and every attendee of Bustercon is required to register.
- Children under the age of thirteen are not permitted to register for BusterCon, except that a parent or guardian may register on their behalf.
- All children ages ten and under attending the BusterCon must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian with a badge.
- Payments are made directly to the GameZenter unless otherwise noted, and attendees agree to use the forms of payments that are accepted by the GameZenter.
- We will not be shipping swag/merch from the event except to those who have been members of the Board of Directors and Chief Officers of Waiting tiers of Patreon membership. Do not purchase a ticket solely for the swag/merch, as it is only available – other than the limited exception previously described – to BusterCon attendees.
- BusterCon registrations follow the GameZenter’s registration and refund policies.
- All refund requests prior to BusterCon must be made by the end of day on May 15, 2023, at 11:59 pm (Eastern). Absolutely no badge cancellation requests will be honored after May 15, 2023, at 11:59 pm (Eastern).
- BusterCon cancellations and refunds requested before the deadline will be processed during GameZenter Customer Service hours.
- Refund requests received prior to the deadline will be issued a refund and credited back to the original credit card or system credit used for purchase, less any administrative fees.
- All event and generic ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. All badge refunds are subject to a $10 administrative fee. There are no exceptions.
- All refund requests must be made by the purchaser via the GameZenter’s contact system.
LOST BADGES AND EVENT TICKETS
BusterCon cannot replace lost, stolen, or forgotten badges and/or event tickets. BusterCon will not provide refunds, credit, or replacements for any lost items. BusterCon will not refund, credit, or replace badges or event tickets if courier tracking indicates the badge or ticket was received at your premises. Lost, stolen, or forgotten items must be repurchased at full cost. At BusterCon we recommend you check with the GameZenter staff to see if your materials have been turned in to Lost and Found. BusterCon assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or forgotten materials.
WAIVER / ASSUMPTION OF RISK / RELEASE OF LIABILITY
You agree to assume all risks of participating in the Con and release BusterCon and Mythos Busters LLC, as well as its officers, directors, employees, insurers, and agents from any liability for loss, damage, or injury (including illness, disability or death) to your person and property while attending, participating in, or becoming involved with the Con. You specifically make the following representations and assurances to BusterCon, acknowledging that BusterCon would not permit your participation in the Con without receiving such representations and assurances:
By agreeing to this Agreement, you acknowledge that you wish to participate in BusterCon subject to the terms and conditions herein. You acknowledge and agree that the Con involves some inherently dangerous activities. BusterCon will use good faith efforts to conduct and manage the Con, but you understand that it is not possible to make the Con completely safe. You warrant and represent that you are sufficiently knowledgeable, skilled, and/or informed regarding the Con to properly and fully judge the inherent risks of the Con.
You further acknowledge and agree that the Con involves potential risks of serious personal injury, disability, illness, or even death. You represent that you have sufficient physical fitness to participate in the Con and you have no medical reason or impairment that might otherwise prevent you from participating in the Con. If you know or should know of any condition or problem that might prevent you from safely participating in the Con, you agree that you will immediately advise BusterCon and remove yourself from the Con.
In consideration of being allowed to attend, participate in, or become involved with the Con, you hereby assume full responsibility for your own safety (including online safety) and accept all known and unanticipated risks of loss, damage, and injury (including illness, death or disability) to yourself and your property while attending, participating in, or becoming involved with the Con, regardless of whether or not such risks are attributable to the negligence of others. By assuming and accepting all known and unanticipated risks, you completely absolve, waive, discharge, and release BusterCon and all its employees, advisers, consultants, members, contractors, organizers, operators, volunteers, sponsors, or other persons affiliated with BusterCon and all facility staff, guests, fellow participants, landlords, owners, management companies and the like (collectively the “Indemnified Parties“) from any legal duty for your safety or any liability for your harm, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
In consideration of being allowed to attend, participate in, or become involved with the Con, you hereby agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify the Indemnified Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, controversy, lawsuits, or possible causes of action (“Claims“) that may accrue or arise from any loss, damage, or injury (including illness, death or disability) to your person and property that is in any way related to or arising in connection with your attendance at, participation in, or involvement with the Con, regardless of whether or not such Claims are attributable in whole or in part to any act, omission, or negligence of the Indemnified Parties. You agree that the Indemnified Parties will not be legally responsible for any loss, damage, and injury (including illness, death or disability) to your person and property arising out of or in any way connected to the Con, however caused and on any theory of liability whatsoever (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise), including but not limited to the Indemnified Party’s own negligence. Such defense and indemnification shall include all reasonable costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees that may be associated with any Claims. You further agree that you will not cause, encourage, promulgate, support, or cooperate with (unless such cooperation is judicially mandated) any Claims to be brought against the Indemnified Parties.
You understand that the above release and assumption of risk is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability but is not intended to assert any defenses that are prohibited by law. The release and assumption of risk shall be enforceable to the fullest extent allowed by law. If any portion of the release and assumption of risk is held invalid, those parts that are not held invalid shall continue in full force and effect. The terms of the above release and assumption of risk shall apply to and be binding on yourself, your spouse, your heirs, all members of your family, executors, administrators, representatives, and assigns.
You understand this Agreement is a binding contract that supersedes any other agreements or representations and is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability but is not intended to assert any defenses which are prohibited by law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The parties hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington or the Superior Court of Washington State for King County any actions, suits, or proceedings arising out of or relating to this Agreement and irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to the laying of venue of any action, suit, or proceeding arising out of this Agreement. The parties hereby irrevocably waive all rights to trial by jury in any action, proceeding, or counterclaim (whether based on contract, tort, or otherwise) arising out of or otherwise relating to this Agreement.
EXPLOITATION OF NAME AND LIKENESS
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Con, you hereby agree that BusterCon may photograph and/or record your likeness and/or voice and your participation in the Con and without any additional consideration, you hereby agree that BusterCon and its assigns and/or licensees may distribute, exhibit, broadcast, exploit, advertise, publicize, and promote your name, biographical material, likeness, voice, and performance in and in connection with the Con or other BusterCon events. You further agree that BusterCon may edit your appearance therein and you waive any personal or proprietary rights with respect thereto. You represent and warrant to BusterCon that you have not made any contract or commitment in conflict with this grant of rights to BusterCon. Nothing herein contained shall obligate BusterCon to make or cause to be made any broadcast or other use of said appearance, or to exercise any of the rights granted to BusterCon herein.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND ANTI-HARASSMENT
You understand that BusterCon is dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable, and harassment-free Con experience for all participants and workers, and you hereby acknowledge that disruptive behavior, inappropriate and unlawful conduct, or harassment in any form will not be tolerated. You agree to conduct yourself, and any minors under your supervision, in accordance with BusterCon’s published Anti-Harassment policy found at https://mythosbusters.com/bustercon-code-of-conduct/ or at another URL as may be updated from time to time.
- Media recording equipment larger than a handheld device is allowed only with an approved press badge or the express prior consent of BusterCon. Those with professional recording needs should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their inquiries. Those with non- professional recording interest should email email@example.com.
- Attendees may not block aisles or walkways, impede movement, or disrupt the Con for photo-taking or recording purposes.
- Media recordings of BusterCon events are prohibited without the express written consent of all participating event attendees. Media recordings of specific exhibitor booths, on-sale products, demo products, and specific BusterCon events are prohibited without the consent of the associated exhibitor or event organizer/GM. Attendees are responsible for knowing and complying with any additional rules and regulations pertaining to their location of recording.
- BusterCon’s Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment policy extends to photos, recordings, and act of recording taken by attendees at BusterCon. Attendees acknowledge that their photos and recordings must comply with BusterCon’s Code of Conduct and Anti- Harassment policy, and that a failure to do so may result in expulsion without refund from the Con. All policies of BusterCon are enforced at BusterCon’s sole discretion.
- BusterCon, the BusterCon logo, and the Mythos Busters logo, are trademarks of BusterCon LLC. All rights reserved. Use of these marks without express written consent from BusterCon LLC is prohibited.
If you have any inquiries regarding our Refund, Exchange, or Cancellation Policies, please contact the GameZenter, as it is handling all ticketing for this event. https://gamezenter.com/contact-us/
You acknowledge and agree that you have carefully read this Agreement, fully understand its contents, and hereby accept and agree to it voluntarily of your own free will. You affirm that either (a) you are over 18 years of age and have full right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to make the release and assumption of risk described herein, or that (b) your parent or legal guardian has read and agreed to this Agreement.
If you are a parent or guardian of a participant under 18 years of age, you hereby represent that you are in fact the parent or legal guardian of the participant, that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Terms of Service Agreement and to make the release and assumption of risk described herein for and on behalf of the participant, that he/she/they has/have carefully read this Terms of Service Agreement and understood its contents, and that he/she/they is/are hereby accepting and agreeing to it voluntarily of his/her/their own free will.
BusterCon reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any time.